[NetBehaviour] Change Alley - Hungarian minor mode

Simon Mclennan mclennanfilm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 23:39:14 CEST 2021

Performing my songs solo rather than with the trio… some drum sequencing overlaid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7kllNRD2Ww

This song penned a few years ago called CHANGE ALLEY (original may be heard on band camp https://solidbirdsflying.bandcamp.com/album/pictures-of-soldiers )

for those who might care this song was conceived using the Hungarian mode… and the triads thus derived

the note B is referred throughout

which note is the second degree using A as the root

creating the tension and mood of the song

The lyrics refer to Change Alley behind the bank of England… arguably where it all started

and organ grinders plied their trade later on

The single performance was cut in length - the middle section is always improvised - I never plan it - but attempt to

go where it takes me

HERE THE FULL LYRIC

Night turns into the day
It's an epic feeling
All the newcomers
All the old men
And the young men that sit
In their traders' red braces
Mr big shot in the 21st Century
Is not a schizo
With one proviso
Two houses in the sun
Twenty pints of cider
The particle beam
That would have satisfied all newcomers
And all the old men

Creature comfort - seldom satisfied
(Creature comfort)
Contraband - elephant ivory
(Ivory)
Silver service - crime of passion
(Crime of passion)
Hereditary - mended shoes in the factory
Horror film
(Horror)

Organ grinder and the young men
That sit in their traders' braces