[NetBehaviour] MoRe on A Visit from the Thought Police

marc garrett marc.garrett2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 00:03:45 CEST 2021

Hi Michael,

I've signed the petition & donated.

Amazing! The policeman telling you should not be letting the world know
about it via the Internet.

You really should not be training kids how to fire rifles in a school
playground, on a school day.

These cadets or young trainees should be in a kind of cadet barracks. I
used to go to one when I was an army cadet.

Wishing you well.

Marc

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 22:31, Michael Szpakowski <m at michaelszpakowski.org>
wrote:

> What would be great is if people could sign the petition that an ex
> student has set up ( you don’t have to be in the UK , in fact the more
> international the signatures the more nervous the school will get)
> https://www.change.org/p/withdraw-cadets-btec-from-burnt-mill-academy-s-curriculum?recruiter=44975628&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition&recruited_by_id=2c72f820-7543-0130-23e4-00221968d0e0
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://yho.com/footer0>
>
> On Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 4:59 pm, Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Michael, Can you say more about this? As you know guns are a serious
> disease, perhaps even with Covid, the most serious disease here; at one
> point a few years ago I had to "clear" myself in western Pennsylvania with
> a 17-year-old white kid on a bike with a revolver who told me he was the
> best defense in an emergency until the police came... It's constant and
> it's frightening and along with covid contributing to everyone's anxiety -
> that, and the lack of universal healthcare. We are a country good at
> killing ourselves, probably the best among the industrialized countries.
> I'm scared out of my mind. What is going on in England? Good grief -
>
> Best, Alan, be well
>
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2021, Michael Szpakowski wrote:
>
> > Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:13:08 +0000 (UTC)
> > From: Michael Szpakowski <m at michaelszpakowski.org>
> > To: "netbehaviour ( new)" <netbehaviour at lists.netbehaviour.org>
> > Subject: [NetBehaviour] A Visit from the Thought Police
> >
> > The other day my partner and I noticed that students in the school (
> 11-16
> > years) adjacent to our house were being drilled in the use of weapons. I
> > took a photo, carefully anonymized it & posted it to twitter asking if
> this
> > was acceptable...
> >
> > https://twitter.com/mjszpakowski/status/1384981680444874756
> >
> > A couple of days later we had a visit from Essex Police. I recorded it
> and
> > you can see it here.
> >
> > https://youtu.be/OBTM-ffxbJ4
> >
> > Brits on this list might like to ask themselves that if this can happen
> > before the government's proposed new legislation, just what life will be
> > like if it goes through?
> > Michael

Wishing you well

Marc

Dr Marc Garrett

Lab

Furtherfield disrupts & democratises art and technology through
exhibitions, labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free
thinking. http://www.furtherfield.org

DECAL Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub for fairer, more dynamic & connected cultural ecologies &
economies now. http://decal.is/

Recent publications:

State Machines: Reflections & Actions at the Edge of Digital Citizenship,
Finance, & Art. Edited by Yiannis Colakides, Marc Garrett, Inte Gloerich.
Institute of Network Cultures, Amsterdam 2019 http://bit.do/eQgg3

Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain. Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett, Nathan
Jones, & Sam Skinner. Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK