[NetBehaviour] Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird

Johannes Birringer Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 18:16:44 CEST 2021

dear Edward - thanks for sharing this beautiful work, and re-covering it!

we have not much talked about resurrections here, of older work, older media/vehicles, although it does come up from time to time, but I think on the CRUMB list they talk about it a lot (Curating digital art - www.crumbweb.org ) --  and if this is something that interests, you, I could find a challenging text recently sent to me from the EMPAC director, Johannes Goebel, to share

THE COMPUTER AS UNIVERSAL TIME MACHINE
  Time beyond and for Perception
  Freezing Movement While Propelling the Still
  Keeping: A Digital Time Capsule

as I remember it, the first part was a more general, philosophical reflection on time and time-based media, very insightful and stimulating,
whereas the last part deals with digital preservation and recuperation (the part i have not yet read)...

best
Johannes Birringer
Interaktionslabor
http://interaktionslabor.de