[NetBehaviour] 2d slices of 3d projections of 4d surfaces

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Aug 16 03:08:29 CEST 2021

2d slices of 3d projections of 4d surfaces

http://www.alansondheim.org/20014d.mp4
http://www.alansondheim.org/20014d.jpg

created 2001 w/ Calculon in Zaurus 5500
slices and a few drawings

Zaurus 5500/5600 were pocket linux computer that
could connect to the net thru WiFi. I used both
and on occasion still do. The 3d projections could
easily be rotated which was fascinating. I still
think about these images and how easily they were
constructed on a device with very little memory.
Took it out to City Hall Park NYC at an outdoor
linux gathering and demoed it. For a brief moment
it looked like I knew what I was doing. At times
it still looks that way.