[NetBehaviour] Drawing Sessions

Edward Picot julian.lesaux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 20:09:19 CEST 2021

Ann,

I just watched 'Slight Return', and really enjoyed it! First of all you
look as if you're really enjoying it yourself, and it's contagious.
Secondly the mark-making is very vigorous and kinetic, and the sounds,
as they develop, have a  very train-like rhythm. The picture at the end,
with its denseness of texture and those rubbed-out diagonal bits, is
lovely!

Do you start with horizontal lines across the page because that makes it
look like a musical stave? Also - a stupid question - do you wear a
black top because it goes so nicely with the drawing?

Anyway, really engaging!

Edward

On 20/08/2021 07:12, Ann Rosén wrote:

> Hi list! This is the first time I'm writing on the list, up until now  > I've only been a lurker enjoying the discussions. > > > > This
recent one and a half years have been very challenging for me, > as well
as very productive. Maybe some of you did experience the same > awkward
feeling, in the beginning of the pandemic? I myself was kind > of
paralyzed by the lack of contact with colleagues and audience. > After
some time, however, this emptiness forced me to develop a new > artistic
concept, that I streamed live on Youtube >
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8JFiKqPOdk&list=PLjkgSdiLI7ON65TcpirSR7tSI7KkPo49y>
 > every Monday, week after week, reaching out to the audience. > > > >
The project is called Drawing Sessions >
<https://annrosen.se/livestreams/>, because I draw music with a piece >
of graphite on paper that is connected to synthesizers that I built >
especially for this purpose. Those weekly sessions resulted in a >
digital music album - "In a Small Room" >
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yrvMPLfy_I&list=OLAK5uy_m19ryo-uq1tExIOGDSh4XhOPVQbPaS61Y>
<https://www.thewire.co.uk/issues/446?fbclid=IwAR1HGhjmL1s2hnSqT-g2gFpKio7QkZuEyOESz15dcanLaYkbR9LLCdU9lNc>among
 > others, as well as my first vinyl that is to be released soon, and an
 > exhibition at Ping-Pong Gallery <https://www.galleripingpong.se/> in
 > Malmö, Sweden, opening on Sep 18th. > > > > If any of this caught
your interest, please follow my work on Youtube >
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgzO-aWsFPhZkgsucbUJBFQ>and >
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/ann.rosen/>. Maybe the Drawing >
Sessions would suit a venue or programme that you know of…? If so, >
please don't hesitate to contact me! <https://annrosen.se/contact/> > >
 > > Also, please do reach out whenever you come to the south of Sweden
in > the future, because there is nothing better than meeting in the
real > world. > > > > All the best, > > > > Ann > > > > Ann Rosén
ar at annrosen.se <mailto:ar at annrosen.se> +46 708109838 >
https://annrosen.se <https://annrosen.se/> >
https://storabarriarorkestern.se/ https://schhh.se/ > > >