[NetBehaviour] General Scheme, around 1969-71?

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Dec 23 00:33:52 UTC 2021

General Scheme, around 1969-71?

A somewhat failed attempt to organize the world through three
categories, phenomenological/abstract/material - the ontology
seems somewhat ok, the schematization does fascinate me even
at this late date. I think my own work continues to circulate
around and around the same things, if not the same approaches.

http://www.alansondheim.org/generalscheme.jpg

I keep going over the same territories, approaching the same
things constantly repeating myself over and over again, going
through the usual paths across space and time until death
silences me. It is a luxury to think this way. It is a luxury
to be allowed to think. No matter how wrong. No matter how
right. The scheme folds and creases, exists as bits and bytes.
The paper exists as bits and bytes, folds and crease somewhere
else, as if one could imagine geography. My thought is bad and
unsustainable. Time and time again: unsustainable.