[NetBehaviour] Undocumented events and object permanence - book

Ruth Catlow ruthcatlow at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:32:57 CET 2021

AGREED!
Really great to explore. Thanks Bjorn :)

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:10 PM Alan Sondheim via NetBehaviour <

> These onlines also develop a sense of community different from Zoom or
> statics - always really glad to be part of them!
> As far as simulations of gallery spaces, it's difficult to know how to
> present, for example, a painting online in an odd situation, the absence of
> real architecture in the presence of the materiality of painting. For me,
> the materiality is critical as is the usually slow production of painting;
> it can be an obdurate form that glides too quickly of course across screens
> and clicks -
>
> Best, Alan
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 1:48 PM Edward Picot via NetBehaviour <
>
>> I second all of that. I've been dipping into this, and really enjoying it.
>>
>> Edward
>>

>> On 23/02/2021 14:41, Garrett Lynch wrote:
>>
>> Many thanks to Bjørn/Noemata for putting on a very interesting series of
>> thematic exhibitions and documenting it all very well through this
>> catalogue. It's exciting to see curatorial projects like this that have a
>> clear vision of what they are trying to achieve online but at the same time
>> allow a latitude of exploration for artists, especially in current
>> scenarios where we are seeing a mass of online exhibitions = boring
>> existing thematics transposed to 3D simulations of gallery spaces.
>>
>> Well done and hopefully much more of this to come in the future!
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:00 AM <
>> netbehaviour-request at lists.netbehaviour.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 19:30:26 +0100
>>> From: Bj?rn Magnhild?en <noemata at gmail.com>
>>> To: netbehaviour <netbehaviour at lists.netbehaviour.org>
>>> Subject: [NetBehaviour] Undocumented events and object permanence -
>>>         book
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> "Undocumented events and object permanence" is an online exhibition
>>> series thematizing documentation, conservation, (false) memory, (art)
>>> object, phenomenology, and blockchain certification.
>>>
>>> A book has now been made of all the works exhibited in the four
>>> collections during the year 2019-2020, showing 270 works from more
>>> than 167 artists.
>>> You'll find more info at https://noemata.net/ueop/
>>> and the book (epub, pdf, html) at https://noemata.net/ueop/book/
>>>
>>> Thanks to everybody who participated! :::::
>>> A. P. Vague, Acoustic Mirror, @henridegrasse, @loveletterexe, A. P.
>>> Vague, Aad Bj?rkro, Aaliyah Marsh, Acoustic Mirror, Adrian Pickett,
>>> Adrian Pickett w/ wiwowu, Alain Barth?l?my, Alan Sondheim, Alan
>>> Sondheim and Sandy Baldwin, Ale D B, Alessa Brossmer, Alex Lagueux,
>>> Alfred Marasigan, Alvar Danielsen, Amelia Marzec, Ana Buigues, Andrea
>>> Roccioletti, andreasnagel, andrew topel, angel sesma, Angelika
>>> Vardalou, Annabelle Mirams, anonymous waves, Anthony Stephenson, Arlen
>>> Barrera Leyva, Ayshia Taskin, Ben Grosser, Benna Gaean Maris, Bj?rn
>>> Magnhild?en, brad brace, Brenda Hutchinson, Brent Wiley, Bruce Barber,
> [...]

Lab
+44 (0) 77370 02879

*I will only agree to speak at events that are racially and gender
balanced.

**sending thanks
<https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newsroom/press-releases/2019/november/think-before-you-thank-if-every-brit-sent-one-less-thank-you-email-a-day-we-would-save-16433-tonnes-of-carbon-a-year-the-same-as-81152-flights-to-madrid.html>
in
advance

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Registered business address: Carbon Accountancy, 80-83 Long Lane, London,
EC1A 9ET.