[NetBehaviour] Difficult times, but better ahead

Ruth Catlow ruthcatlow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 11:30:30 CET 2021

Yup!

We are living through the consequences of a long and sustained neoliberal
assault on the minds, bodies and spirit of individuals, communities and
societies - through the insidious dissemination of political propaganda and
blatant corruption (hoarding of power and resources by oligopoly) which
strips most people of all sense of agency or authentic belonging by pushing
them into debt, and de-education. #soapboxmoment

In our home town yesterday we were told that 1 in 18 people are currently
infected. It's hard to imagine how this will impact on all services and
utilities let alone the lives of those directly affected.
The austerity policies of the last 15 years in the UK have drained all the
resilience out of our social infrastructure. Which means that now we are
looking at a very stark near future of total overwhelm of our health and
socialcare services.
https://www.hsj.co.uk/acute-care/exclusive-london-will-be-overwhelmed-by-covid-in-a-fortnight-says-leaked-nhs-england-briefing/7029264.article?s=08#.X_Yv5e2gA4M.twitter

Danielle, do you know if the Third Space Network
<https://thirdspacenetwork.com/> event was recorded?
I'd love to hear more about how it was and the kinds of things that were
discussed.

I think Randall is doing really important work there.

Please stay safe as you can everyone.

Warmly
Ruth

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 11:17 PM Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:

> I must say I'm not. I expected this. It's been building for decades with
> Limbaugh and company. Trump and Giuliani were catalysts. Even if Trump is
> jailed or killed or just fades away, it's not going to stop. These things
> run deep, arming has been going on in decades. I think we have to prepare
> for the worst whatever that may be, and then hopefully be proven wrong. If
> you look at the county stats across the country, a great percentage of it
> in terms of area is wildly pro-Trump, anti-government, racist and god
> knows what else. And this far right is really powerful; a friend who lives
> in the Colorado mountains told me how they've taken over a small town and
> hold military exercises there.
>
> In any case, seriously, what would Leonardo say?
>
> - Alan, just scared a bit when premonitions come true
>
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, Max Herman via NetBehaviour wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am not in D.C., more the middle of the country, but the mayhem at the
> > Capitol is frightening and disturbing to all.
> >
> > However I am confident that democracy and the rule of law will be upheld,
> > and better days are ahead.
> >
> > All best for a brighter 2021,
> >
> > Max
> >

> web http://www.alansondheim.org/index.html cell 347-383-8552
> current text http://www.alansondheim.org/xw.txt

Lab
+44 (0) 77370 02879

*I will only agree to speak at events that are racially and gender
balanced.

**sending thanks
<https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newsroom/press-releases/2019/november/think-before-you-thank-if-every-brit-sent-one-less-thank-you-email-a-day-we-would-save-16433-tonnes-of-carbon-a-year-the-same-as-81152-flights-to-madrid.html>
in
advance

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Registered business address: Carbon Accountancy, 80-83 Long Lane, London,
EC1A 9ET.