[NetBehaviour] #lastesis

marc garrett marc.garrett2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 10:53:15 CEST 2021

Hi Agee,

Thanks for sharing a link to colectivo LASTESIS. Listening to the sound
file demonstrates how essential grassroots, grounded collective groups and
organisations are. This is amazing stuff and everyone should be listening
to this material and considering their relationship to its social context,
plus the creativity and scholarship explored as part of it - all
emancipatory.

The sound file is interesting in respect of their discussions concerning
the loop, and the writers they discuss, such as Federici, Butler, Segato,
and Despentes 'King Kong Theory'. I have not heard of Virginie Despentes
before and have ordered the book this morning.

Regarding 'Chile overthrowing their imperialist Pinochet constitution with
pressure from the street, electing an indigenous scholar as head of the new
constitution in the making with the first to insist on gender equality.'

I heard this news first on the World Service and thought this was amazing,
really brilliant news. Then that was it, I saw it nowhere other than with
those individuals and groups who I know would also be excited about this
important societal change in Chile. I did not see it on BBC radio or TV
news in general.

It reminded me of Thomas Paine's writing and his influence on the US
constitution, and for Great Britain and its Colonies at the time in 1776,
with Common Sense. However, as we know, the differences are not just the
dates, but in relation to challenging the patriarch and the chauvinist
systems in place, dominating the planet.

I've been writing some new material titled 'Art Worlding Now: Living the
Proposition', and this relates.

Anyway,

Wishing you well.

marc

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021 at 10:10, AGF <agf at poemproducer.com> wrote:

> morning from Finland,
>
> I asked the visionary art 'collective lastesis' about sound
> in their powerful performance project #lastesis
>
> hope you find time to listen:
>
> LISTEN: rec-on.org/lastesis.html
> transcript: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/lastesistranscript
> [READER] https://rec-on.org/pdf/fst6_lastesisREADER.pdf
> w {organize} against #femicide :::
> https://www.are.na/agf-poemproducer/organize-against-femicide
>
> with Chile overthrowing their imperialist Pinochet constitution with
> pressure from the street, electing an indigenous scholar as head of the
> new
> constitution in the making with the first to insist on gender equality
> is so amazing and hopeful to me
>
> love
> agee
>

> AGF: @poemproducer
> ***sound & poems***
> https://rec-on.org
> https://agf-poemproducer.bandcamp.com
> https://antyegreie.com/

Wishing you well

Marc

Dr Marc Garrett

Lab

Furtherfield disrupts & democratises art and technology through
exhibitions, labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free
thinking. http://www.furtherfield.org

DECAL Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub for fairer, more dynamic & connected cultural ecologies &
economies now. http://decal.is/

Recent publications:

State Machines: Reflections & Actions at the Edge of Digital Citizenship,
Finance, & Art. Edited by Yiannis Colakides, Marc Garrett, Inte Gloerich.
Institute of Network Cultures, Amsterdam 2019 http://bit.do/eQgg3

Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain. Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett, Nathan
Jones, & Sam Skinner. Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK