[NetBehaviour] Boehm Flute

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Jul 27 03:57:49 CEST 2021

Boehm Flute

The return:

http://www.alansondheim.org/boehm.mp3
http://www.alansondheim.org/boehm.jpg

Let me explain: the constant 82 decibel 14 hour block party
outside our window. I think of self-harm and turn it down
but god knows this would be an excuse. We called the police
twice and ended up writing parallel letters to the city
council. Meanwhile it still goes on. I end up taking power
drugs. Then I think: Boehm flute! Not having played it for
maybe 15 months. First I cleaned the tarnish off, felt the
beauty of the keys. Sat near the window. Played against the
bass string and drum. You can't hear much of that. And my
phrasing is awful. I admit it. Later I played the flute
like a shakuhachi, with the head-joint removed, a different
tuning. But I recorded the other. But maybe you know the
other's ok. What you're hearing. Maybe but it's possible th