[NetBehaviour] God Outside Of Time: Contradictions of Deity

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Jun 4 16:13:17 CEST 2021

God Outside Of Time: Contradictions of Deity

>From Smith's New Grammar With Additional Commentary

Smith's New Grammar

English Grammar on the Productive System:
A Method of Instruction Recently Adopted
In Germany and Switzerland Designed for Schools and Academies
By Roswell C. Smith, Second Edition,
Philadelphia: William Marshall & Co.,
North-west corner of Chesnut and Fifth Streets. 1835.

[ http://www.alansondheim.org/time.gif : very high speed
red Corvette trail on 19th-century iron bridge, Providence ]

_Synopsis of the second Person Singular with Thou_

INDICATIVE MOOD.

Pres. Thou art.
Imp. Thou Wast.
Perf. Thou hast been.
Plup. Thou hadst been.
1 Fut. Thou shalt _or_ will be.
2 Fut. thou wilt have been.

POTENTIAL MOOD.

Pres. 4 mayst, canst, _or_ must be.
Imp. Thou mightst, couldst, wouldst, _or_ shouldst be.
Perf. Thou mayst, canst, _or_ must have been.
Plup. Thou mightst, couldst, wouldst, _or_ shouldst have been.

Q. Why is _am_ a verb? What is it sometimes called?
Why is it so called?

( A verb is a word which signifies ACTION or BEING. )

"William is attractive." "John is studious."
"We are jealous." "Thou art dutiful."
"Am I young?" "Was I wrong?" "Have we been wicked?"
"Were they penitent?"

"Mary has been intelligent." "Washington was patriotic."
"The boys will have been dutiful." "Columbus was enterprising."
"Their estate was small." "My wife's mother is sick."

( When I say, "I am at home," you know that _am_ is a verb,
because it implies being or existence; and since _to be_ means
_to exist,_ the verb _am_ has been called the verb _to be._ )

___

Commentary, Alan Sondheim, corner of Westminster and Empire
Streets, Providence, Rhode Island :

Of course we know better now, and call any form of the verb
"to be" an _action_ that has a _before, during, and after._
Thus, "I am a boy" because "I was a baby" and "I will be a
man" and thus we also know:

There is nothing which has not a _before_ and _after, since
"to be" is always _duration_ and thus one might say only
that "God endures" with an understand that there were and
will be two other periods, _before God_ and _after God._

This is called _bootstrapping,_ that God in Their Wisdom did
create a period _before God_ and that God in Their Wisdom
did create a period _after God,_ this creating occurring
_during the period during which God endures._

Neither was God before or after, or even during the enduring,
a Young Person or a Middle-Person or an Old-Person, since
during the enduring it was _as if_ the enduring were Eternal,
with the exception of course that God drew the Boundaries
Before and After Themselves.

__