[NetBehaviour] Noodling on Shakuhachi

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Jun 6 06:44:33 CEST 2021

Noodling on Shakuhachi

https://youtu.be/y_XMZyijsjY video
http://www.alansondheim.org/noodling.jpg

One I was playing electric guitar before some people came in and
this guy says to me you're noodling's driving me crazy and I
think he left and that was that but noodling's really the only
way to break the mold let your fingers do whatever they want to
do and sometimes it just cranks underground and sometimes it
goes up into some kind of air and you think well that's it and
it's about time it's it and then you might incorporate or think
now this kind of satori's for me just like that and what I've
got is a state of mind and mind my state and that's really
bringing stuff together that I couldn't manage otherwise so for
my sanity I'll play shakuhachi just letting the riffs repeat
maybe over and over again or another thing altogether not trying
to make a whole or hole out of its parts and then you can listen
or not and so we were out in the gazebo by the pond and I had my
1.6 wood with me and just did this little bit and thought well
that's more interesting than it might have been and I have to
say the swans and mallards thought so to because they come over
slow to listen for a bit and maybe they thought they'd get food
if they listened politely but really I want to believe they
really liked the music and it made them happy so maybe just
letting my breath and fingers do their thing and my mind more
relaxed than it might look and that's really good for your
health as long as the notes come through pure to me and to the
fauna come gathered around and that guy he took off and I don't
think I've seen him again to this day but I'm still playing one
thing or another usually one at a time and this is the time and
the 1.6 is the one