[NetBehaviour] (Putting up a piece from a couple of day ago)

Alan Sondheim sondheim at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:47:22 CEST 2021

Glitch / Saturday Night

Our Saturday night last night with sanshin

http://www.alansondheim.org/satnite.jpg
https://youtu.be/VbQoNVVumw0 Video

Found this remnant from 2005:

"Digital Stretched Analog
160 pages (or less)
Selected essays / codework.
Reproductions of digital / avatar images.

The act of stretching breaks the raster (the "sampling rate" or
net) of the digital; the content is stretched beyond the ability
of filtering to keep up. The result is a broken digital 'object,'
an image that is more analog than digital, more surgical than
coherent.

My images and essays inhabit this surgery, this wound, between
the two orders - analogic / digital or continuous / discrete.

The essays are of two sorts:
analog / digital theory
codework.

Codework is the interstice of subtext and text, what goes on
beneath the surface disrupting what is on the surface, and vice
versa. Codework questions both communication and language; and
the channels or media that convey them."

- A book proposal that went nowhere.
- But an interesting comment - stretch, wound, surgery, breaks.
- But we always ignore the raster or rather take it for granted.
- Surely a mistake because the stretch creates a rough tear.
- Something of interest there, neither fractal nor serrated.
- I csn only imagine.

- Saturday night noise from the place on the corner.
- Connected to our building, I can't think straight.
- I use the opportunity to play sanshin.
- I'm nervous and in the 3rd part play poorly.
- The 3rd part is unprocessed unlike parts 1 and 2.
- Parts 1 and 2 use dynamic amplitude processing.
- Rough tears everywhere in the fabric of time.

(update, our ward councilman is taking up the noise issue)