[NetBehaviour] "Re-embodiment and Dis/abilities" - workshop - invitation

Johannes Birringer Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 00:02:43 CEST 2021

I n v i t a t i on :

"Re-embodiment and Dis/abilities"

Artaud Performance Center Online (Zoom) / Brunel University London
https://bruneluniversity.zoom.us/j/91557619589
Meeting ID: 915 5761 9589
Passcode: 1835021672

This research workshop-symposium, the second of two (April 28/June 16) is intended to challenge our assumptions about bodies, difference and notions of 'otherness' in the arts. It is above all meant to “unmute" our bodies, to challenge troubled ontologies and the freedom to move in this era of pandemics. The term dis/abilities also needs unlabeling; we believe it is important to explore practices and discussions around how mixed ability and disability are defined in the arts and in our culture – as well as in the current shift to online/zoom conferencing & teaching. Who is 'included' when we talk about 'other' bodies or 'non-normative' practice, who is talked over, which lives matter, what can we learn from un-labeling, and overcoming isolation, how we can collectively imagine our re-integrations into presence and corporeal interaction in inter-pandemic society.

++
Wednesday June 16, 2021    14:3o – 21:oo  (UK-time)

 Roundtable provocations & dialog:
14:3o:  Welcome: Opening remarks, Johannes Birringer, DAP-Lab (organizer) with Petra Kuppers and Vera Rosner
15:oo- 16:40 Kate Marsh / Scott deLahunta  / re-embodiment & the ethics of dance intelligence -
Ram Samocha / Yohai Hakak with Pauline Cooper, Kieran Moran and Debbie Thomas / drawing & disability tech
16:45-17:30 Funmi Adewole  / Thomas Kampe  /  cultures of the body /  beyond forgetting
17:35-18:25 Mariza Dima / Maria Kastrinou /  rituals of heritage and intervention for racial justice
18:25- 19:15  Dinner break
Workshop 19:15 - 21:oo
Prof. Petra Kuppers  (University of Michigan)  //  ecosomatics and collective ritual:
1.     Keynote address: “Memorials of Life: Journey to the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin"
2. followed by one hour Amoeba Dances: Tunneling Open - physical workshop.

This project is supported by DAP-Lab and Brunel University Research Seminar Series Award.
Performance and Ephemeral Sustainabilities in Public Space Research Group
Research Lead: Prof. Johannes Birringer
Centre for Health and Wellbeing across the Lifecourse

https://www.brunel.ac.uk/research/Groups/Performance-and-Ephemeral-Sustainabilities

+++