[NetBehaviour] Work in Progress: Blockchain Temporalities

Rhea Myers rhea at hey.com
Thu Jun 10 03:02:56 CEST 2021

I also liked the sound of Iota, but:

https://www.coindesk.com/iota-being-shut-off-is-the-latest-chapter-in-
an-absurdist-history

https://twitter.com/SarahJamieLewis/status/1161353122343604225

😿

Each block in a chain does have every previous block as a (grand-)parent
through the trail of hashes linking them. Making this an immediate
relationship would be interestingly anti-patrilinear.

😺

The space between the blocks is invisible onchain. Offchain, the time
between blocks is spent gathering transactions for the block after the
one being currently mined. These are very different universes.

Also:

https://rhea.art/simple-blockchain-art-diagram

😺