[NetBehaviour] Eat your place in space

Paul Hertz ignotus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 21:40:22 CEST 2021

Thanks, Max, for your observations and speculations. I'm writing on a
phone, so I'll be brief.

The pattern in my signature is called a Latin Square. It's used in
agricultural test plots, for example, in more complex versions. It's also
behind the pattern on the cake, though I hadn't made the connection until
your reply reminded me.

I created a game with homemade punchcards to produce thousands of
variations on the pattern on the cake. As part of the installation a local
theater group helped me to create a participatory wall design. Visitors to
the gallery strung a collection of colored beads on a string. The order of
the beads determined a pattern. I drew the outlines of the pattern on paper
mounted on the wall. The performers colored them in, following a set of
rules.

My photo exceeded the megabyte limits of the list, which is why it was
forwarded by a moderator (thank you!). But I do think that some modest use
of media in posts could be interesting. Right now people use links.

cheers,

Paul

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021, 1:30 PM Max Herman via NetBehaviour <