[NetBehaviour] Netbehaviour list renewal - happy lurker

Max Herman maxnmherman at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 16:25:49 CEST 2021

Hi Jessica and happy solstice all!

The giant labyrinth sounds intriguing.  A very ancient form, and so different from one person making an art object then selling it to another.  Perhaps the latter is the greatest illusion of all?  A distraction in a maze.

Labyrinths -- well I could go on and on.  You enter, like a stone circle, then exit, but in imagination too.  It's like conscious meditative time, both more and less individualized.

As to poetics of imagination -- very relevant too I think.  Poetics is not words only.  In Leonardo's time they called the debate between poetry and painting, Dante and Apelles, the paragone for which is best, the paragon.  Leonardo said they are the same art form, just differently focused for the eyes or ears in how we encounter them, both connecting to the imagination or sensus communis within the person.  I think he wanted to create a visual counterpoint to Dante, in some ways, to demonstrate this.

Theres a concept in meditation called "softening of vision," I think, which is very physically noticeable in contrast to rigid, brittle, narrow sight, I mean in the eyes.  Seeing looks and feels different.  Not sure how to articulate this with brevity but there might be something like it in sound and words too.  I think of this phenomenon sometimes as a kind of poetics perhaps or part and electronic media have an effect on my experience of it not always for the better.

All best regards,

Max