[NetBehaviour] Vessels

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue May 4 05:54:53 CEST 2021

Vessels

https://youtu.be/pMud6sdVrPs VIDEO
http://www.alansondheim.org/vessels.jpg

A video on the way to New Bedford, vessels and shakuhachi
in a high breeze, back from New Bedford, playing about the
natural forces of moving air and water, mindfulness, the
journey of time reversed, of thinking about playing and
the wood of this particular instrument, sea air and Azure
with the video at the yard, the most incredible grey sky
possible, and for me, surprisingly, working two octaves of
the instrument, even in the wind not all that difficult,
could one say this confluence was the sound, or was the
sound the adjunct to the confluence, everything fading now
in the night but these images and sounds, am I an old man
mad about music, an old man mad about movement, an old man
mad about code, an old man, not even old not even man, an
organism where it is, inhabits, in the midst of movement
and music, code, and nothing at all but this sound this
place this wind this time this wide time this wide wide
time this _now_