[NetBehaviour] Operation Edna

marc garrett marc.garrett2 at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:42:02 CEST 2021

Hi Daniella,

Thanks for sharing - I'll try to make it to this.

I'm particularly interested in situations such as this because I'm
interested in grass-root art rituals and seeing how this kind of thing adds
strength, value and (perhaps) spiritual mutualism, in ways that our current
institutions, religions, and nations states, cannot :-)

Wishing you well.

marc

On Fri, 21 May 2021 at 12:58, Danielle Imara via NetBehaviour <

> 'What’s old, really old? Imagine Edna, *Methuselah*’s mum outliving her
> son.  Landscape does that, what about artefacts? How can 4 artists from
> Tipperary and 4 older artists from across southern UK tell each other
> stories about objects, places, and living a long life?'
> On Sunday at 19:00 BST I'm participating in a live streamed durational
> performance with live art gang FBI+ in conjunction with Live Art Ireland as
> part of the Bealtaine Festival. It's of particular interest for me as I'll
> be creating a collaborative live soundscape with Irish sound artist Nick
> Ward at distance using Sonobus. I haven't experimented with this before.
> Operation Edna a free event, but you need a ticket:
>
> https://www.live-art.ie/2021/02/24/operation-edna-at-bealtaine/
>

> www.danielleimara.com
> Insta: @danielleimara
> +447903684863

Wishing you well

Marc

Dr Marc Garrett

Lab

Furtherfield disrupts & democratises art and technology through
exhibitions, labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free
thinking. http://www.furtherfield.org

DECAL Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub for fairer, more dynamic & connected cultural ecologies &
economies now. http://decal.is/

Recent publications:

State Machines: Reflections & Actions at the Edge of Digital Citizenship,
Finance, & Art. Edited by Yiannis Colakides, Marc Garrett, Inte Gloerich.
Institute of Network Cultures, Amsterdam 2019 http://bit.do/eQgg3

Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain. Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett, Nathan
Jones, & Sam Skinner. Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK