[NetBehaviour] Unbridged

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu May 27 05:00:04 CEST 2021

Unbridged

https://youtu.be/Jleb0T13VtU VIDEO
http://www.alansondheim.org/unbridged.jpg

"The architectures of discourse, mature work off the virtual
world spaces"

But it wasn't "mature" - this late-night dictation - and the
thought's been lost. The concept, if I remember correctly, was
that contradictory virtual worlds cannot communication; as a
participant, I can bridge them only as a messenger: what might
have been a continuous discourse is transformed into gaps and
delays between one and another state. These stuttered binary
spaces can't transmit contagion, but only speak of it. The
is a form of wandering. But there's no depth in this analysis -
just thoughts that are most likely wrong-headed. The spaces of
virtual worlds in my recent work occlude each other; their
voices intersect in a form of fractured simultaneity.

The video of young mullein intersects itself as I work again on
a guitar piece pushing the boundaries of the instrument - or
rather my boundaries in approaching it. The video of young
mullein intersects itself, a typical "interplay of shadows and
light" while the guitar piece hurtles on, unilaterally abandon-
ing any attempt to reconnect with itself, comfort this and any
other diseased soul at the termination of its circumlocution.

After 'pit' this was all I could do; time did come to a stop.

[If you have a chance, please check out

pit

http://www.alansondheim.org/pit.mp4
http://www.alansondheim.org/pit.jpg