[NetBehaviour] email lists -

Edward Picot julian.lesaux at gmail.com
Sun May 30 21:29:43 CEST 2021

Alan and Annie,

I think it's partly because people aren't posting their new work, or
notices about their new work, on here as much as they once did - which
is partly because a lot of people have moved away from New Media Art and
gone more into old-fashioned things like "pictures" and "writing", and
NetBehaviour doesn't necessarily feel like the right vehicle for those.
I'm spending a lot of time on Instagram these days, which I much prefer
to Facebook or Twitter, and I see that Michael Szpakowski and Simon
McLennan are both on there publishing new stuff on a regular basis.

But I think NetBehavour still has this capacity to suddenly go from
being very quiet to being incredibly voluble and fast-moving if somebody
happens to raise a subject that really gets people thinking and talking.
I've never known another online forum quite like it as a vehicle for
debate, and I'd be very sorry to lose that.

Edward