[NetBehaviour] Soooooo This Is Happening… 😺

Gretta Louw gretta.elise.louw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 09:34:58 CET 2021

Thanks so much Ruth! It feels indeed as though I’ve reached a new level of self-fulfilment in my practice lately. I used to worry that meant it was self-indulgent, but now I realise that it’s more likely to mean that the work is life-affirming in some way, and that new framework seems to mesh with the feedback I’ve been getting. Beauty can be radical!

The Peng action was interesting. As I understand it’s wrapping up now, and they (predictably) didn’t realise the full 400,000 Euro required to buy golden visas for the Syrian family they’re working with, but they did raise 100K! I believe they are now working with the family to determine the best course of action - can the money be used to bring them into the EU some other way or will it be donated to non profit organisations for the benefit of refugees in the camps. It’s quite a staggering sum, all from digital artworks. Unthinkable a few years ago.

Warmly,
Gretta

grettalouw.com <http://grettalouw.com/>
@grettalouw <https://www.instagram.com/grettalouw/>