[NetBehaviour] wood and leaves from wood

Alan Sondheim sondheim at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 18:37:20 CET 2021

Hi Johannes,

Thank you so much for this. The work for the past seven weeks has almost
all involved a sense of local/locality which at the same time might be
anywhere. So much of the drive has been linear, long looping highways
around bluffs or river edges. So the roads are there and both insistent and
anonymous. We've also been photographing ground cover, fungi, all sorts of
things that appear almost invisible or peripheral. I finally found
something that might be slime mold on the underside of a few mulch twigs in
Omaha; that's the only sign we've seen of that. And the putting the roads
up, almost pulling them up, online. We're not going that fast, 6200 miles
in 7 weeks, but the stopovers are also intense, working through my archives
in Vancouver Washington and Columbus, and through Lee Murray's archival
materials in Omaha. So history. We also saw more remnants of the
19th-century Oregon Trail this trip, literally forget where. For the most
part avoided winter, but these enormous skies are everywhere through the
middle of the country, even here outside Rochester now and the wind's
howling... And the politics, too, are howling, but at least for these few
weeks we've not run into anything but kindness. That still exists in the
U.S. but is getting increasingly buried -

Best, Alan

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 4:23 PM Johannes Birringer via NetBehaviour <

347-383-8552**email sondheim ut panix.com <http://panix.com>, sondheim ut
gmail.com <http://gmail.com>*