[NetBehaviour] Mobilise/Demobilise online festival & UpStage launch

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Sat Oct 16 12:06:45 CEST 2021

hi netbehaviourists,

last night we opened the Mobilise/Demobilise festival & launched the
rebuilt UpStage platform. i'm really happy to report that everything
went very well - no last minute tech problems! (incredible!!!) and the
performances from Sweden and New Zealand were really great :)

it's an exciting moment for UpStage, as last year we were at the point
where it was going to be either the end, or a new beginning. thanks to
creative europe (and i must say also some thanks to the pandemic!) it is
a new beginning and already the first performances in the new platform
are showing what a lot of potential there is now for UpStage and
cyberformance. watch this space for open walkthroughs for you to learn
how to use the new platform for your own work ...

huge thanks to the project partners - Teater InterAkt (Sweden),
Schaumbad Freies Atelierhaus Graz (Austria), Centre for the Cultivation
of Technology (Germany) & UpStage (Aotearoa NZ / USA / Canada / Viet Nam
/ Europe) - it continues to be a very successful collaboration with a
lot of passion and enthusiastic commitment frome everyone :)

heartfelt thanks also to all of you who have supported UpStage in
various ways over the many many years since our first launch in january
2004 - it's not easy for a project like this to stay afloat for so long;
every gesture of support really helps!

the festival continues this afternoon and tomorrow - the full programme
with time converters and live links to the stages is here:
https://mobilise-demobilise.eu/festival-programme/

you are all warmly invited to join us in this great celebration of
mobility, immobility and UpStage!

h : )

--

helen varley jamieson