[NetBehaviour] Be-coming Tree Be-coming Something Else

Danielle Imara danielleimara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 10:53:24 CEST 2021

Be-coming Tree live streamed collective Live EcoArt events were a great
lockdown healer. But by the 4th event we’d nailed it technologically and
practically, and carrying on felt like repetition. We cancelled the
scheduled July event, apologising to the artists who were to take part. We
needed the project to be evolving and exciting for us as voluntary
facilitators. Plus, it was a lot of work to maintain, funding we applied
for hadn’t materialised, and we were by now each following different paths.

However, an event we’d already started working on is going ahead and it is
going to be exciting, and, as with all Be-coming Tree events each
pay-what-you-can ticket funds the planting of (at least one) rainforest
tree via TreeSisters.org

*Minding Niimi / Imagination / Imaging*

*Digital Theatre in the Round, a Show and Tell Event *

*Diverse film and artworks where Trees and Humans interweave:*

*An Indigenous Dancer, An Indian Dancer, An International Group of
Collaborators, Indigenous land, An Urban Park, A Concrete Environment*, *Human
Eyes, A Handheld Camera, A Smartphone Camera*, *A GoPro camera, A Drone
Camera, Human Ears*, *Sound of Physics/Music*

*Moderator:  Rasa Smite, Atmospheric Forests RIXC. The Center for Art and
Science in Riga.*

*Creators: Digital Dramaturgy Lab squared and friends.*

*These artistic and performative projects explore our relationship-making
with Trees at intersections of deolonializing politics.*

*September 18th*

*13:30 EDT, 18:30 BST, 19:30 CET*

*Prof Don Sinclair from Toronto’s York University’s Department of
Computational Arts creates bespoke tech to enable you to watch diverse
Eco-Art films and dance, with their creators on screen in the round -
breaking out of the rectangle at last. They'll each discuss the works,
inviting Q&A at the end.*

*Tickets from:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/minding-niimi-imagination-imaging-tickets-168682613237
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/minding-niimi-imagination-imaging-tickets-168682613237>*

*Each Pay-What-You-Can ticket includes a donation to plant one or more
rainforest trees via TreeSisters.org *

[image: BT DDL2.png]

www.danielleimara.com
Insta: @danielleimara