[NetBehaviour] salvatore iaconesi

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Tue Aug 2 10:21:01 CEST 2022

last week my copy of "frankenstein reanimated" arrived & i immediately
turned to page 175 and read patrick lichty's interview with salvatore,
about "la cura", the collaborative artistic project to open source a
cure for the brain cancer that he had just been diagnosed with (the
interview was made in 2012).

salvatore died a couple of weeks ago, on 18 july. has this sad news
already come through on netbehaviour? maybe i missed it ... i am
remembering salvatore's smile and laugh, his warmth and generosity; and
the cyberformance that myself, francesco buonaiuto and miljana perić
created for "la cura" (which was only performed once, for salvatore &
oriana, in 2012 or 13 & now exists only as fragments on my hard drive).

r.i.p. salvatore - i am glad to have known you!

h <3

--

helen varley jamieson

helen at creative-catalyst.com