[NetBehaviour] Nuit

Edward Picot edward at edwardpicot.com
Sun Aug 7 17:38:24 CEST 2022

Alan,

We're worried. I'm worried, anyway. I was talking to my brother about it
today. Let's hope it's all just sabre-rattling and it blows over, but
that's what we hoped about the Ukraine. The US can't afford to drive
Russia and China into each other's arms any more than is already the
case, and this has given China the opportunity to write a narrative
about unwarranted US interference, and a betrayal of the 'One China'
policy... On the other hand we're all suffering from crisis fatigue,
Taiwan is a lot further away than the Ukraine, and of course there are a
lot of people who just never pay any attention to international news at
all... I think on the whole the reaction is 'Oh Christ, here's another
thing to worry about; what does that bloody idiot Nancy Pelosi think
she's achieving?; let's hope it doesn't all kick off'.

Edward