[NetBehaviour] Smooth Jaunt

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Jan 15 15:51:57 UTC 2022

Smooth Jaunt

https://youtu.be/hKAtvGM2MSg Video
http://www.alansondheim.org/jaunt.jpg (salt drop)

A short excursion for pleasure or refreshment; a
ramble; a short journey.

- Jaunty Webster through lower ascii

Today's jaunt: a quick and somewhat placid trip on a highway
overcast with covid and now perhaps imminent disaster with
Ukraine and Russia, harboring returns to both cold and
physical war, but we now are fine.

Journey through a journey (be)fore(un)told. Or: Trip to the
grocery/pharmacy to retrieve pre-ordered bags of foodstuff and
two medications. How we have fallen as I remain inside the
car, somewhat nervous (who is and isn't wearing masks), Azure
returns with medicine and we have a very short wait for the
arrival of the food, on a somewhat gloomy day with a luminous
sky. Putting this together, I realize I am one of the last
ones to use ftp. But calming weather and the stoplights move
in our favor, as does a kindly bus which blinks and slows to
let us pass, the first time ever in our eight years here that
this happened.

What jaunt is ever left? Our sky is closed by our sky. We
notice the bus with the kind lights of the morning, the
darkness of the day looks on.