[NetBehaviour] A comment, then a piece re: blizzards, please read

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Jan 30 18:05:08 UTC 2022

Hi -

We all know these are hard times, too many people are having financial or
mental problems or both, too many people have passed on. I'm writing to
ask if people on Netbehaviour might talk a bit about how they're doing
what they're working on, what advice they might have or for that matter
might need. This is one of my favorite email lists, I know I post daily
and would gladly stop that as well if that would be better for the list.
But I'm most concerned now about how we're all coping. I run a series of
"reunions" for my highschool class, we're doing one every six weeks or so
where we discuss these things and move on - and it seems to help. If my
classmates knew what I was on about they'd think I'm crazy :-)

If this request is out of order, please ignore it. -

Thanks, Alan

___

Buildings, The Storm, Vortex, Slough, Frozen Water Falling Down

https://youtu.be/FoleMPo3vpI Video
http://www.alansondheim.org/slough.jpg

Skim the video, it's long.. Problems of dating.. Again I keep
coming back to this which is why did Jesus or other religious
leaders, messiahs, appear at one time and not at another and
what does this mean for people who are believe in life after
death or Nirvana in other words why would God. Why would God
do something like appear one time and ignore all the people
who had lived earlier than that who had lived before then. The
2nd thing is the question of testimony in relationship to
articulated structures out of artificial intelligence - what
is the role of testimony - what is the role of the Testament -
what is the role of hearing from a body that is circumscribed
or inscribed within and without a body and a mind that are
connected intimately to what has happened to them in the
world. And how does that relate to us who have similar bodies
perhaps almost identical bodies that shimmer and suffer in the
same way. 3rd. This is the cessation of death when the body
disappears but the universe continues with, continues with,
its quantum paradoxes and what might lie in relationship to
mind in the cosmos. 4th or 5th. What is it that I hold in my
hand. When my hand is holding nothing but cupped upward. What
does Dogen have to say about this and how can one move without
the apparatus of Buddhism or Zen. I move without the apparatus
of Buddhism or Zen. I am this way and that way. I am neither
this nor that. I don't see the universe in the flower but I
see a flower in the universe as an equivalent but of what.
When I go on and I will go on you will have left debris
behind. As will all of us. I will not see you again at that
point. You may want to read what I written you may want to
listen to the music I have done by myself or with others. You
may want to do none of this. You may forget my name. You may
forget my writing. You may forget my language. You may forget
language. You may forget yourselves. You may be forgotten.
Problems of the furious snowstorm which covers everything with
vortices that parallel and we like directly to the most
intricate shapes, shapes for this season, waves of
catastrophic theory and mathematical dynamics. All mathematics
is dynamics.. All dynamics is mathematics. All mathematics is
dynamics. Remember when you look at this video when you
surround yourself with it you must realize that what you cup
in your hand I do not know what you're cupping in your hand.
When the dictation goes off everything goes off and the train
of thought is lost. When it returns I won't be there. I won't
be there at all. Night thoughts can be the worst. I am sure
there are worst. This is the thought of the blizzard, the 4th
largest here, variously recorded. It is obdurate. The flakes
describe vectors in the camera. They follow damaged geodesics
of wind, temperature, humidity, effects of illumination and
melt. The video is long, present for scanning. There's a
cathedral in the distance, a federal building, rooftops, bad
road design, and always emptiness, sinter, grit, wind. The
wind winds. Didn't we always want to say that? Didn't we? And
in the middle of the night, this is what I was able to write.
To think, in the middle of tears over friends I have lost, To
a reprieve, yes, a reprieve of the body as it harbors
multitudes. As it harbors organisms, organics, elements,
skeins, flows, currents, inputs and outputs. You wouldn't
believe the body, I don't. Not in this storm, these
conditions. Not here, not now. But then everywhere, for a
moment in time.

+++
+++
+++