[NetBehaviour] When There Is No Sun - recording

Simon Mclennan mclennanfilm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:14:04 UTC 2022

Guitar exploration of the modal vamp loosely similar to Sun Ra’s beautiful song  “When There Is No Sun” (1978 Horo Records)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZaJ49Ah5jy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is about a third of the full recording.

Fender Jazzmaster as always, through the VoxAC15 and Pigtonix Fat Drive - all analog apart from the

digital filming on the Canon7d with a nice friendly Pentax Tacumar 55mm.

Audio recorded separately and simultaneously with a Rode condenser into Logic 9.

Edited together in Final Cut (legacy)

Flat curve on the raw then through aTechnicolor cine style lut for a film look.

If I had a 16mm bolex or other I’d have shot it on that.

It was about 3pm in the afternoon with low sun and non complaining neighbours.

…eternal sea of darkness…

Thanks,

Simon