[NetBehaviour] Oud solo and accompanying image

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue May 10 18:50:02 CET 2022

Oud solo and accompanying image

http://www.alansondheim.org/dry.mp3
http://www.alansondheim.org/Structure1.jpg

This is the raw file. Playing like this keeps me going.
There's a strange sense of joy when I know I'm creating
a complex structure that seems almost implicit but
flows almost naturally - and that I can play it as well
as remember the sequence to repeat and change it as I
continue. None of this is thought out, in the sense
that a thought might be considered to have a verbal or
at least a linguistic component (however a language is
defined or constituted); instead, it's sensed almost
through my body, as part of it, this incompletion and
completion. (Not within my body, but by means of, as
if the pattern were in itself an organ, a haptic and
internal sensorium.) And the image, an inspiration
after the session.