[NetBehaviour] New work: Deep Hysteria! (and a B Side... "I asked AI to fix the world")

Paul Hertz ignotus at gmail.com
Sun May 7 11:00:25 CEST 2023

Bias in a classifier AI functions somewhat like glitch in a media encoding
system: until someone hits the configuration that reveals it, we don't see
it. The bias in reading emotional states is compelling, but what also gets
my attention in these images is the determination of gender. Just what is
that flags a face as male or female, for an AI, and by extension, for a
culture of images? And by extension, what are the cultural determinants
that require individuals to differentiate their appearance, or face
consequences for not doing so?

Provocative work.

// Paul

http://paulhertz.net/