May 20, 2005
Winners of Turbulence's Comp_05
New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc. is pleased to announce the winners of its Turbulence Comp_05:
1. PERIPHERAL N°2 KEYBOARD by Marika Dermineur and Khalil Bennis with others (France)
2. MEME.GARDEN by Mary Flanagan and Daniel C. Howe (U.S.)
3. SWM05: DISTRIBUTED BODIES OF MUSICAL-VISUAL FORM by Troy Innocent and Ollie Olson with the Shaolin Wooden Men and Harry Lee (Australia)
4. mimoSa: URBAN INTERVENTION AND INFORMATION CORRECTIONAL MACHINE by Ricardo Ruiz, Alexandre Freire, Etienne Delacroix, Giuliano Djahdjah, Joao Carlos, Murmur, Romano and Tatiana Wells (Brazil)
5. GOTHAMBERG by Marek Walczak, with Martin Wattenberg, Vivan Selbo, Christiane Paul, Warren Lehrer, Johanna Kindvall and Chuck Crow (U.S)
Each team will receive $5,000. The commissioned works will be launched in spring 2006. Over one hundred, mostly collaborative, applications involving several hundred individuals were received, many of which were highly competitive.
Comp_05 was made possible by a grant from the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts.
COMP_05 JURORS: Wayne Ashley, Arcangel Constantini, Sara Diamond, Melinda Rackham and Helen Thorington.
For project descriptions and more information, see http://turbulence.org/comp_05/awards.htm