Salary/Rate: £2500.00 (inc vat)
Closing Date: 09 September 2016
QUAD invites expressions of interest for UK based artists or creative educators to undertake a practice based Digital Participatory Residency at QUAD, in Derby. We are looking for an artist who is engaged with the theory and practice of innovative digital arts practices and research, someone who is happy to share their ideas with the public through workshops as appropriate and who wants to develop their work in a creative supportive environment. QUAD has an artist’s studio and digital studio facilities available, the residency would be supported by experienced members of the QUAD programme team.
The residency will need to take place between Feb and June 2017.
The fee for the residency is £2500.00 (inc vat), £1000 of which should be used towards engagement with children and young people and/or schools, colleges or universities. This can coincide with the Family Arts or Into Film Festivals.
To apply, email us no more than four sides of A4 to tell us:
Why you would like to undertake the residency and outline in general what you would like to do during your time at QUAD. Please propose a framework of activity that takes the following into account:
• An outline timescale/schedule (indicating any other commitments)
• Materials and equipment you would be working with (QUAD has a range of materials/equipment which could be available depending on availability)
• Thoughts on potential term time and school holiday activities
• QUAD’s existing programme of visual art and participatory activity (www.derbyquad.co.uk)
• QUAD as a public space
• QUAD’s online presence and engagement
• Promotion of activities through our existing and/or new channels
• Links to your website, images or any appropriate supporting material, e.g. youtube, vimeo etc.
• Your bio outlining your career history and digital participatory experience
• Contact details of two referees who are familiar with your work
Send your application or questions to: email@example.com
Deadline: 9 September 2016
QUAD is an international centre for engagement in contemporary art and film, based in Derby. The year round programme focuses on major exhibitions, professional practice for artists, mass participation, commissions, independent film and the creative use of emergent technologies. QUAD is a charity focused on intercultural dialogue through supporting diverse audiences to engage, develop skills and contribute to contemporary culture. Major projects include FORMAT International Photography Biennale and the UK’s largest international portfolio review, as well as recent exhibitions by Gibson/Martelli, Susan MacWilliam, Benedict Drew, susan pui san lok, Animate Projects and our current exhibition Doug Fishbones Leisure Land Golf.
For more information about QUAD programmes see:
We are interested in working with an artist or creative educator:
• With an exciting digital participatory practice open to experiment and explore ideas and demystify digital processes for diverse audiences. A digital practice can include on and offline, hacktivism, mass participation using social media tools and photography through to circuit bending and digital knitting - we are open to a challenge on the definition of digital participation!
• With experience of public speaking and of facilitating workshops for diverse groups of people
• Who is interested in engaging our audiences both online and in the public spaces at QUAD through a range of creative activities
• With a focus on audience participation and engagement in digital art/media
• Who is able to develop an exciting and engaging range of workshops/activities for a wide range of ages and abilities